These announcements are relevant only to my 6th period High School Chinese class at BHSEC (Fall 2017)
The script for L3D2 Inviting someone to a movie was due on Tuesday. Make sure you finish your script before coming to class tomorrow. Please get ready for presentation tomorrow.
These HW due on Tuesday:
- Read the article on Mid-Autumn Festival, and write a half to one page about this festival. Tell us what the Mid Autumn Festival is and how do Chinese celebrate this festival in the past and nowadays.
- Turn in the “Where are my friends” lyrics to me. Write the Chinese characters and pinyin （Pinyin one time will be okay).
- Extra credit “Vocabulary worksheets for where are my friends” due.
- L3D2 Vocabulary worksheet due tomorrow.
- Flash cards quiz on L3D2 should be completed no later than tomorrow.
- One-page notes on the Reading on The wisdom of Chinese characters Chapter 2 should have been turned on Monday. If you have not turned it in, please do so.
We will have a dictation on L3D2 on Thursday.
Oral performance should be completed no later than tomorrow.
Read the entire article on the supplementary reading from the Wisdom of Chinese Character Chapter 2 –The one-page note taking for the supplementary reading due on Monday.
The tongue twister–Write Chinese one time Pinyin one time for the tongue twister I gave you in class today. Due tomorrow.
Test on L3D1 tomorrow.
Homework Due today: Finish the review L3D1 worksheet.
We will have the test on L3D1 on Monday.
HW due: L8D2 Character worksheet due tomorrow.
Due on Thursday: Finish the remainder of this handout (Review Test for Lesson 3 Dialogue 1)
Due on Friday: L3D1 Workbook Part IV Writing: A, B, C, D, E, and F.
Do not use google translate. Using it is considered cheating and will result in 0 grade for that HW/. It will not do you any good using google translate. And I will know it as well. Please just use the phrases and words learned in this class. You can find your answers usually by studying the dialogues and Grammar points in the textbook.
Finish up all these sections. If you fail to do your HW, you will not allow to write anything on the worksheet when we correct them in class. You must do them in order to be given opportunities to correct them in class before turning the HW to me.
I gave out an extra credit assignment today (5 points): Write L3D1 whole dialogue in Chinese characters with pinyin above (in one line), and also provide the English translation for each line. Due tomorrow.
Be prepared to take the second quiz on L3D1.
Dictation on L3D1 is postponed to Tuesday. I will say the word,
you are required to provide the following:
- Chinese characters
- Pinyin (pronuciation)
- English meaning.
For instance: I say “九月” : you are required to write:
- 九月 jiǔyuè September
I will randomly select 10 vocabularies to test you.
Enjoy your labor day weekend.
We will have another quizlet computer class to master L3D1. Be ready to take the flash cards quiz on the entire list (p. 68-69) tomorrow by the end of the class or by 4:00 p.m.
Have fun learning!
- HW Character and Vocabulary Worksheets for L3D1 due on Monday or Tuesday.（Write each vocabulary one line, and each individual character that makes up the vocabulary half line. I encourage you to do both before the Monday; it will help you with your flash card quiz at the end of the language lab class. Please make sure to write both English meaning on the side (one time) and also Pinyin (at least one time). Please write the meaning and Pinyin down before you start writing. On this Post on L3D1 Vocabulary and Dialogue you can find the list of vocabulary and a list of individual characters with English translation and Pinyin.
Next Monday, we will have a period of Quizlet in the Lab (Room 311). Please remember to bring your ear phones, I will subtract 20% from your quiz score if you do not bring it to class. I will randomly quiz you 10 vocabularies; you will need to recognize the word and know its English meaning and its pronunciation. The flashcard quiz will be on L3D1 (on p. 68). on this Post on L3D1 Vocabulary and Dialogue you can find the list of vocabulary and a list of individual characters
To find a quizlet for L3D1 on line, just google: “Integrated Chinese Lesson 3 Dialogue 1 Quizlet” or “Integrated Chinese L3D1 Quizlet.” or go to this post on my website. The quizlet is at the end of this post: Post on L3D1 Vocabulary and Dialogue with quizlet at the end
二零一七年八月二十四日星期四 Thursday 8/24/2017
Use 3×5 cards to make a set of flash cards for the vocabulary in L3D1 before attending tomorrow’s class. Front–Chinese characters, Back–pinyin and English.
二零一七年八月二十一日星期一 Monday 8/21/2017
The oral performance is postponed to Wednesday. I will give you another class time to work on your oral performance with your classmate.
二零一七年八月二十一日星期一 Monday 8/21/2017
The oral performance is postponed to Thursday. I will give you another class time to work on your oral performance. And you have the drop period on Wednesday to be well prepared for this assignment.
二零一七年八月十八日星期五 Friday, 8/18/2017
HW due on Tuesday 星期二 ready to perform in class: The following assignment is a review assignment for the first two lessons you have learned so far.
Create a booklet or a large poster for this presentational oral performance assignment.
- Note1: You should include a title page: 我的家人 和我
- Note2：Include photos and drawing to illustrate your content.
- The booklet should be written in Chinese characters.
- Please try to memorize as much as you can. Try not to read but introduce yourself and your family by looking at your audience.