By Ling-Ling Lisa Shih
You will find famous Chinese sayings here. I also include words I find wise and worth quoting here.
These Idioms are arranged according to the alphabetical order of the Initial of the first word of these idioms.
- 爱和信任，爱与尊重，爱过多时，便是负担和干扰 （三毛的话）
- 不经一事，不长一智Wisdom is gained through experience
- 吃得下苦，扛得住压，这个世界才是你的。The world is yours only if you can handle the hardship and pressure
- 活到老，学到老Never too late to learn; Live and learn
- 罗马不是一日建成的。Rome was not built in one day
- 千里之行，始于足下A Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a single step.
- 塞翁失马，焉知非福 A setback may turn out to be a blessing in disguise